Marilyn Mars Ministries Of Restoration
Promises That Will Pacify Your Concerns
Promises That Will Pacify Your Concerns
Once you accept the existence of God — however you define him, however you explain your relationship to him — then you are caught forever with his presence in the center of all things. ~
Acceptance is a part of the human psychology. Everyone is seeking for acceptance, seeking to feel that they are a part of something, seeking a positive welcome and belonging in some group, some relationship, this hunger is in all of us. That is why oftentimes many persons might get themselves into many situations and may even become involved in groups and with people who may not serve their good purpose all because they are seeking to be accepted and needed.
There are five types of acceptance:
1. Self Acceptance: When you love yourself and is happy with who you are right now. It is an agreement that you make with yourself to appreciate, validate, accept, and support yourself at this moment and time in your life.
When you are able to accept yourself with all your flaws as God accepts you (Come unto me all Ye who are weary and heavily laden, and I will give you rest ...Matthew 11:28-30), you will discover that your life will be renewed, and you will begin to have new possibilities that you have never had before. Before self acceptance you were caught up in the struggle against the reality of who you really were. But when you begin to accept yourself, an effectual change begins, you begin to get motivated, and you begin to change all those erroneous things that did not serve your purpose, yes, self acceptance brings about changes that will be beneficial to you.
Only when you can accept yourself, flaws and everything, can you begin to accept others in the same way. First take the beam out of your own eyes before you can take the mote out of another. What you see in yourself, either negative or positive, is also what you see in others......what you accept in yourself either negative or positive is what you are also able to accept in others. "Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things."....Romans 2:1. Think deeply about this.
So before I pass judgement on another, let me first look within myself....for within me lies the answers on how to deal with another.
2. Social acceptance: Most people needs to fit in with others or be accepted by them, so in order to do so they may attempt to look or act like another. They may change their own identity, belief system just to fit in. People of all sorts are affected in this way, adults, teenagers, including children. However God cares not about the social status, Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
3. Conditional or qualified acceptance: In order to be accepted persons may be asked to change or make some modification before they can fully be accepted. Change their hairstyle, financial status or some other condition before they can associate with a particular person or groups of persons. There is a change in condition that must be made before both parties are satisfied with each other. Thanks be to God, that his love is unconditional for in Isaiah 55:1 we read;“Ho! Everyone who thirsts,Come to the waters; you who have no money, Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk Without money and without price.
God also causes the sun to shine and the rain to fall on both the just and the unjust, He is no respecter of persons.
4. Expressed Acceptance: This is when a person outwardly or openly, mostly verbally, accepts a set of conditions that are already in place without making any changes. He or she just goes along with the flow, even if it is not rewarding to them personally.
5. Implied Acceptance: When a person does not clearly expressed acceptance but by their conduct it is implied. A lady selects an item in a department store and pays the cashier for it. The lady has indicated that she has agreed to the department stores owner's offer to sell the item for the price stated on the price tag.
God is willing and waiting to accept us unto himself:
Galatians 4:28 New King James Version (NKJV)
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
1 Peter 2:9 New King James Version (NKJV)
9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of
darkness into His marvelous light;
Genesis 4:7 New King James Version (NKJV)
7 If you do well, will you be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”
John 1:12 New King James Version (NKJV)
12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
John 15:16 New King James Version (NKJV)
16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the
Father in My name He may give you.
Ephesians 1:11 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,
Acts 10:35 New King James Version (NKJV)
35 But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.
Matthew 11:28 New King James Version (NKJV)
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Some Areas of Concern: