Marilyn Mars Ministries of Restoration
Aspiring to reconcile to God by helping to restore a sense of divine identity, purpose, potential, and destiny; unearthing potential in every individual.
God loves you so much and He is so excited about your life that he wants to give you the best and help you to experience a life of abundance.
You do not have to be fearful anymore, He is strong and mighty to save; you don't have to experience limitations in your life,
He is an unlimited God; the earth is His and the fullness thereof.
The promises of God, saves us from, and breaks the power of the deception of sin's deceitful promises, we do not have to commit sinful practices to achieve anything. The promises of God clearly displays and holds out to us a more superior way, and defines the pleasure we have in the protection, provision and presence of God.
What is a Promise?
There are thousand of Promises of God in the Holy Scriptures given to mankind.
According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary a PROMISE is defined as:
a : a declaration that one will do or refrain from doing something specified
b : a legally binding declaration that gives the person to whom it is made a right to expect or to claim the performance or forbearance of a specified act.
I will also like to state here some synonyms of the word PROMISE:
So it can be clearly said, that the Promises of God, is a legally binding declaration made by God, where He has declared that He would do or refrain from doing something specified; and it is a guarantee to Mankind that God would do what He said He would do. Assurance is also given to mankind that they have a right to
expect or to claim the performance or forbearance of whatever specific act that God said that He would do.
We are all accustomed to making promises. We are also accustomed to seeing some that were made being broken. Anyone who has lived for a number of years
would certainly not say that all their promises has been kept. There are many reasons for this, sometimes we forget, sometimes we are negligent, and sometimes
it may be due to circumstances beyond our control. But with God it is different: Numbers 23:19 “God is not a man that he should lie, neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? Or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? 1 King 8:56 ” There has not failed one word of all His good Promise.”
The Promises of God is God's word of honor, vow, oath, agreement, commitment and contractual obligation to do whatever specified acts that He has stated in his promises. The Promises of God is a contract offered by God to mankind. A contract must be legally binding before any obligation to the contract can be expected by either parties to the contract.
Generally, to be legally valid, most contracts must contain two elements: All parties must agree after an offer has been made by one party and accepted by the other. Something of value must be exchanged for something else of value. So when God made His offer in the Promises and mankind accepts it, an agreement would have been made. Then comes the exchange; God gives value in His Promises to mankind, and mankind gives the value when he becomes in agreement with God, and receives and enjoys the benefits of the promises.
If God offers his promises and there is no acceptance from mankind then there is no legally binding contract, it is null and void, and there is no obligation for either parties to exchange any value. So if you do not know, or care about activating the promises of God in your life, God is under no obligation to cause the
promises to work for you.
"The Key:" is getting in alignment with the promises of God by:
1. Knowing and identifying the Promises that is relevant to your particular situation
2. Believing the Promises; it is done to you as you believe
3. Activating the Promises in your Life, through meditation and imagination of the desire fulfilled
Restoration Promise of God in Deuteronomy 30: 3-20
3. Then the LORD your God will restore you from captivity, and have compassion on you, and will gather you again from all the peoples where the LORD your God has scattered you.
4. If your outcasts are at the ends of the earth, from there the LORD your God will gather you, and from there He will bring you back.
5. The LORD your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it; and He will prosper you and multiply you more than your fathers.
6. Moreover the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live.
7. The LORD your God will inflict all these curses on your enemies and on those who hate you, who persecuted you.
8. And you shall again obey the LORD, and observe all His commandments which I command you today.
9.Then the LORD your God will prosper you abundantly in all the work of your hand, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your cattle and in the produce of your ground, for the LORD will again rejoice over you for good, just as He rejoiced over your fathers;
10.if you obey the LORD your God to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this book of the law, if you turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and soul.
11.For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach.
12.“It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will go up to heaven for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’
13.“Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’
14.“But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.
15.“See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity;
16. in that I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that the LORD your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it.
17.“But if your heart turns away and you will not obey, but are drawn away and worship other gods and serve them,
18. I declare to you today that you shall surely perish. You will not prolong your days in the land where you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess it.
19.“I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,
20. by loving the LORD your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days, that you may live in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”
Names/attributes of God: (Related Topics)