Marilyn Mars Ministries of Restoration
Aspiring to reconcile to God by helping to restore a sense of divine identity, purpose, potential, and destiny; unearthing potential in every individual.
Unhealthy Lifestyles and Eating Practices
It might go unnoticed by you without you even realizing, but many unhealthy habits can start to develop after many years of neglecting your body through poor eating and engaging in lifestyles that are not right for you. As the years roll by you get so accustom to these habits that it may be hard for you to break the cycle, as a result you may develop illness and diseases and may even die as a results of your poor choices.
If you want to restore your body to a somewhat healthy state, now is the time to make a change, you have the power to bring a change for the better in your life.
Below I will state some of the unhealthy lifestyles and eating practices, that you need to stop doing:
Unhealthy Lifestyle Practices
LOSING SLEEP - Burning the candle at both ends, we stay awake to study, work or have fun.
I know you want to get ahead in your business and stay on top of your competitors, but what sense does it make to do this at the expense of your own life. What is the reason to being successful in business today only to die of a heart attack tomorrow. It is true that some things cannot be prevented, but what of untimely illnesses and even death are a result of our lifestyles. The fact of the matter is your lifestyle is 100% under your control, you are the master of everything you allow with your body.
Unhealthy habits does not stand alone, they are oftentimes interconnected, with other disorders:
2. It is in vain that you rise up early
and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
for he gives to his beloved sleep.
In peace I will both lie down and sleep, For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety.
I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustains me.
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
SMOKING - Every time you light up a cigarette, you are saying that your life is not worth living.
Smoking is said to be one of the worst unhealthy lifestyle habits, which has been known to be one of the leading causes of death, however we continue to see a lot of persons still indulging in the habit, many young people are also. It is so amazing and something that is kind of hard to understand that with all this evidence of smoke related disease and illnesses and death some persons are still not willing to quit this practice. They are content to destroy their beautiful body temple.
Smoking cigarettes can also lead to:
1 Corinthians 3:17
17. If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.
EXCESSIVE ALCOHOL USE - Over Board, Wine hath drowned more men and women than the sea.
Alcohol addiction stunts the spiritual, emotional and mental growth of a person. For the alcoholic, they literally stop wanting to learn or advance themselves on any level other than the one they are already on. This is why many alcoholics are emotionally stunted and are unable to contain their emotions. Many alcoholics believe that once they are sober for a few months they are cured. Nothing could be further from the truth. An alcoholic is not cured just because they stopped drinking. Remember, "the drinking" for the
alcoholic is only a symptom of an underlying problem within him or her. Total sobriety takes more than abstinence--it takes a spiritual and mental awareness through healing and growth. I have never yet read about, or heard of a case where an alcoholic stopped drinking, but then years later they were able to drink one or two drinks and stop.
Alcohol is something that's meant to be consumed in moderation, not every time you have a bad, or good, day at the office. Many people tend to overlook the dangers of alcoholism and excessive drinking. Some of the potential health risks of excessive drinking include:
18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
20 Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler,
and whoever is led astray by it is not wise.
STRESSFUL LIVING- Manage your reaction
Life today is full of stress: We have deadlines to meet, frustrations about many things in our lives, and demands and work and at home. Stress is so commonplace that it has become a way of life for many. Stress isn’t always bad. Some stress is good because it may help you to perform well under pressure and motivate you to do your best. However too much stress is bad, when you’re constantly running in emergency mode, always in a hurry, moving from one assignment to another without stopping to rest or slowing down, your mind and body pay the price.
Although you may meet all the challenges, stress is what has been keeping you on your toes. However when stress is beyond a certain point, stress will stop being helpful and starts causing major damage to your health, your mood, your productivity, your relationships with others, and your quality of life. Stress then become a killer.
Long-term exposure to stress can lead to many serious health problems. Chronic stress disrupts nearly every system in your body. It can raise your blood pressure, suppress your immune system, increase the risk of you having a heart attack and a stroke. Stress also contribute to infertility, and speed up the aging process. Long-term stress can even rewire and reprogram your brain, leaving you more vulnerable to anxiety and depression. You many also become very impatient and very prone to becoming angry for the slightest thing.
The things is to learn how to cope with stress and monitor the way you react to it. Many time we take on more that we can bear and we oftentimes involve ourselves with situations that are of no concern to us. Letting go helps us to to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress.
3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus
27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
ALWAYS POPPING A PILL - Dependency of medications
I have found a very strange lifestyle habit among a lot of persons these day. Many persons seems to be become very dependent on medical drugs, for every simple ailment they take drugs and many has become so addicted to them and have even overdosed. They are not aware that medical drug have many serious side effects that are dangerous to their health.
Today many people seems to think that they just want medicines and drugs to solve their health problems and they take them in large quantities. They believe they can always seek medical assistance, and all would be well what they are not aware of is that these pharmaceutical medications may have potential adverse reactions. I have seem many persons having serious reactions to some of the most popular prescription drugs on the market that are used for the treatment of various conditions such as high cholesterol to
depression to rheumatoid arthritis to sexual enhancement. Some of these pharmaceuticals drugs can cause serious problems such as liver damage, muscle pain, dizziness, disorientation, nervousness and in some cases severe muscle breakdown and even death. Whenever you go to a medical doctor and he gives you many sets of pills and capsules in various colors, shapes and sizes, some of these drugs which are toxic to your liver and do crazy things to your health and metabolism, perhaps instead of obediently swallowing them down you should start taking into consideration what they are doing to your body. Many persons have not the slightest idea how to maintain good health. There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance. Start getting the knowledge you need about maintaining good health, it is your body and you should be very mindful of what you are putting into it.
2 through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of
the tree were for the healing of the nations.
2 Kings 20:7-11
7 And Isaiah said, “Bring a cake of figs. And let them take and lay it on the boil, that he may recover.”
8 And Hezekiah said to Isaiah, “What shall be the sign that the Lord will heal me, and that I shall go up to the house of the Lord on the third day?” 9 And Isaiah said, “This shall be the sign to you from the Lord, that the Lord will do the thing that he has promised: shall the shadow go forward ten steps, or go back ten steps?” 10 And Hezekiah answered, “It is an easy thing for the shadow to lengthen ten steps. Rather let the shadow go back ten steps.” 11 And Isaiah the prophet called to the Lord, and he brought the shadow back ten steps, by which it had gone down on the steps of Ahaz.
Unhealthy Eating Practices
20 Be not among drunkards
or among gluttonous eaters of meat,
21 for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty,
and slumber will clothe them with rags.
2 and put a knife to your throat
if you are given to appetite.
Leviticus 11: 1-27
1. And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them,
2. “Speak to the people of Israel, saying, These are the living things that you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth.
3. Whatever parts the hoof and is cloven-footed and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat.
4. Nevertheless, among those that chew the cud or part the hoof, you shall not eat these: The camel, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you.
5. And the rock badger, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you.
6. And the hare, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you.
7 And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you.
8 You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.
9. “These you may eat, of all that are in the waters. Everything in the waters that has fins and scales, whether in the seas or in the rivers, you may eat.
10. But anything in the seas or the rivers that does not have fins and scales, of the swarming creatures in the waters and of the living creatures that are in the waters, is detestable to you.
11. You shall regard them as detestable; you shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall detest their carcasses.
12. Everything in the waters that does not have fins and scales is detestable to you.
13. “And these you shall detest among the birds; they shall not be eaten; they are detestable: the eagle, the bearded vulture, the black vulture,
14. the kite, the falcon of any kind,
15. every raven of any kind,
16. the ostrich, the nighthawk, the sea gull, the hawk of any kind,
17. the little owl, the cormorant, the short-eared owl,
18. the barn owl, the tawny owl, the carrion vulture,
19. the stork, the heron of any kind, the hoopoe, and the bat.
20. “All winged insects that go on all fours are detestable to you.
21. Yet among the winged insects that go on all fours you may eat those that have jointed legs above their feet, with which to hop on the ground.
22. Of them you may eat: the locust of any kind, the bald locust of any kind, the cricket of any kind, and the grasshopper of any kind.
23. But all other winged insects that have four feet are detestable to you.
24. “And by these you shall become unclean. Whoever touches their carcass shall be unclean until the evening,
25. and whoever carries any part of their carcass shall wash his clothes and be unclean until the evening.
26. Every animal that parts the hoof but is not cloven-footed or does not chew the cud is unclean to you. Everyone who touches them shall be unclean.
27. And all that walk on their paws, among the animals that go on all fours, are unclean to you. Whoever touches their carcass shall be unclean until the evening,
28. and he who carries their carcass shall wash his clothes and be unclean until the evening; they are unclean to you.
29. “And these are unclean to you among the swarming things that swarm on the ground: the mole rat, the mouse, the great lizard of any kind,
30. the gecko, the monitor lizard, the lizard, the sand lizard, and the chameleon.
31. These are unclean to you among all that swarm. Whoever touches them when they are dead shall be unclean until the evening.
32. And anything on which any of them falls when they are dead shall be unclean, whether it is an article of wood or a garment or a skin or a sack, any article that is used for any purpose. It must be put into water, and it shall be unclean until the evening; then it shall be clean.
33. And if any of them falls into any earthenware vessel, all that is in it shall be unclean, and you shall break it.
34. Any food in it that could be eaten, on which water comes, shall be unclean. And all drink that could be drunk from every such vessel shall be unclean.
35. And everything on which any part of their carcass falls shall be unclean. Whether oven or stove, it shall be broken in pieces. They are unclean and shall remain unclean for you.
36- Nevertheless, a spring or a cistern holding water shall be clean, but whoever touches a carcass in them shall be unclean.
37. And if any part of their carcass falls upon any seed grain that is to be sown, it is clean,
38. but if water is put on the seed and any part of their carcass falls on it, it is unclean to you.
39. “And if any animal which you may eat dies, whoever touches its carcass shall be unclean until the evening,
40. and whoever eats of its carcass shall wash his clothes and be unclean until the evening. And whoever carries the carcass shall wash his clothes and be unclean until the evening.
41. “Every swarming thing that swarms on the ground is detestable; it shall not be eaten.
42. Whatever goes on its belly, and whatever goes on all fours, or whatever has many feet, any swarming thing that swarms on the ground, you shall not eat, for they are detestable.
43. You shall not make yourselves detestable with any swarming thing that swarms, and you shall not defile yourselves with them, and become unclean through them.
44. For I am the Lord your God. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy. You shall not defile yourselves with any swarming thing that crawls on the ground.
45. For I am the Lord who brought you up out of the land of Egypt to be your God. You shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.”
46. This is the law about beast and bird and every living creature that moves through the waters and every creature that swarms on the ground,
47. to make a distinction between the unclean and the clean and between the living creature that may be eaten and the living creature that may not be eaten.